As an MSc in International Hospitality Management graduate, we guarantee that you will be qualified to:
- Ascend (with experience and maturity) to the highest positions in lodging, foodservice, meetings and events, or related general management
- Specialize in a particular industry function: marketing and sales, human resources management, accounting and finance, operations management, strategic management, etc.
- Fill a post within a property or regional or corporate office of a multinational enterprise
- Start a small or medium enterprise or take over a family concern
- Pursue a career in operational or financial consulting, hospitality design, asset management, brokerage, banking or related services focused on the hospitality industry
- Fulfill the hospitality function in a non-hospitality industry or use related hospitality and business skills to advantage in a service sector.
Graduate employment results
Time taken to accept job offer:
- 70% of students signed a long-term contract (CDI) within 6 months
- 89% of students signed an employment contract (CDI or CDD) within 3 months
- Average starting salary: 39K€
Survey carried out in 2021. Concerns class of 2020.
How will the program you prepare you for your future career goals?
Dedicated Career Services Team:
- Events (career fairs, career match, over 200 companies visit emlyon business school each year)
- Industry related conferences and company networking
Career Coaching Sessions :
- 6 hours of individual coaching to refine your career path
- Both face-to-face and online
You will also benefit from dedicated hospitality weeks in London, Paris and Las Vegas, during which you will meet with industry professionals, tour exceptional hotels and restaurants and develop your network in the global hospitality market.
Beginning in July, students also have to complete a 4-to-6 month internship that can also be a possibility for you to find your first job. Here are some examples of internships from previous cohorts:
- Communication internship at Hotel Pullman, Paris - France. Mission: Assistant to the Event Manager in the Event Department.
- Communication internship at Mama Shelter, Paris - France. Mission: Assistant to the Web Marketing Manager.
- Project Management internship at Club Méditerranée, Paris - France. Mission: Project manager within the Headquarter's HR Department for Club Med's "Villages".
- Hotel Management internship at Fairmont Monte Carlo - Monaco. Mission: Assist Revenue Management and Booking Departments.
- Operations Management internship at Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel, Oslo - Norway. Mission: To insure quality standards, and to assist in managing daily operations within the Meeting & Events department by planning, managing and executing events.
- Management Training at Pullman Bali Legian Nirwana, Bali - Indonesia. Mission: 3 months in Food & Beverages department and 3 months room division.
- Guest Relations internship at Hotel Plaza Athénée, Paris - France. Mission: Working with guests and Guest Relations department on logistics.
- Hotel Management internship at Four Seasons Georges V, Paris - France. Mission: Assist the F&B Director in daily hotel activities for different F&B sales outlets.
Where do our students end up?
- Operations (Lodging, F&B, Meetings & Events) : 28%
- Support (Marketing, Project Management, Sales, Revenue Management, etc) : 33%
- Entrepreneurs : 9%
- Brokerage, Consulting & Asset Management : 8%
- Hospitality in other sectors : 4%
- Other : 18%
emlyon business school alumni network
As future graduate of emlyon business school, you will hold lifelong membership of emlyon business school alumni network, a network of near to 38,600 alumni covering more than 130 countries. You will benefit from all services it offers, including the online assessment modules. Its members will help you further develop your career regardless of which stage you are at, by providing you with career development information, exchange business information with you and share their experience for you to build on.
Institut Paul Bocuse alumni network
A robust network incorporating thousands of graduates across 80 countries, the Student and Alumni Network of Institut Paul Bocuse consolidates relations among graduates, students and the rest of the school community. It multiplies occasions for encounter and exchange in order to create career opportunities and promote educational dialogue within the network.